The COVID-19 pandemic has caused an unprecedented impact on Arizona school districts and colleges. We continue to receive new questions daily from members on the effect of the pandemic on their operations. We have also received questions on how the pandemic is affecting the daily operations of the Trust.
Here is what we are doing:
- Continuing operations, but from a remote setting. The Trust and Alliance have implemented our crisis management plans, which include requiring employees to work from home until it is safe to return to the office. We have support in place to ensure continuity of business and uninterrupted service to members.
- Continuing claims processing. We are continuing claims adjudication, accounts receivable and payable, and are processing claims payments. For Alliance members, workers’ compensation claimants are still receiving the appropriate claim payments, and the triage nurses are still available to receive calls.
- Compiling and answering key questions in an FAQ document. As the COVID-19 situation changes, we continue to receive questions from districts on how the pandemic may affect their operations. We have created an FAQ document, which is updated frequently to include the most up-to-date information and address more common questions.
The CDC has released interim planning and prevention guidance for K-12 administrators that you can find here. The Arizona Department of Education has an infectious disease response plan template you can find here.
We encourage district staff and students to visit the CDC website for information and guidance on COVID-19 and related issues. If you require assistance with external or internal communications messaging or have any other questions, please contact your member services coordinator.
Arizona Enrichment Centers
On March 24, 2020, the Governor's office and ADE announced Arizona Enrichment Centers—childcare services for the children of frontline workers such as first responders, critical healthcare workers, and essential public sector workers. Some districts are providing childcare services currently and other districts may be asked to provide childcare services as part of the Arizona Enrichment Centers.
If your district is operating (or soon will be operating) childcare services, the documents linked below are resources the Trust recommends members review and adopt:
- sample waiver that parents/guardians should sign for their child’s participation in the district childcare center,
- sample waiver for volunteers (if applicable), and
- risk management recommendations for the operation of the childcare center.